Applications are open for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships for Mid-career professionals to study in the United Kingdom.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowships are for mid-career professionals from low- and middle-income countries to spend a period of time at a UK host organization working in their sector for a programme of professional development. The aim however is to provide professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector and to have catalytic effects on their workplaces.
All Commonwealth Professional Fellowships in the 2022/23 round are in the thematic area of Clean Energy, Air and Oceans.
Each Fellowship provides:
- Approved return airfare from the fellow’s home country to the UK
- Reimbursement of the standard visa application fee
- Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly (or pro rata) for the duration of the award at the rate of £1,782 per month, or £2,197 per month for those at organizations in the London metropolitan area
- If a fellow declares a disability, a full assessment of needs and eligibility for additional financial support will be offered by the CSC.
- Arrival allowance of up to £972.59, including an element for warm clothing
- For the Clean Energy, Air and Oceans programme a £1,000 travel allowance per fellow to facilitate attendance at events (administered by host organizations)
To be eligible for these Fellowships, prospective fellows must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have at least five years full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the Fellowship programme, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum
- Be in employment at the time of application at an organization that they will return to upon completion of the Fellowship.
- If nominated for a Professional Fellowship, prospective Fellows will be required to provide at least two references, (one of which must be from their current employer).
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of taking up the award).
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study.
- Be available to start and complete their fellowship within prescribed dates.
In the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships application form, prospective fellows will be asked to:
- List all undergraduate and postgraduate university qualifications obtained (where applicable)
- Provide details of their employment history and explain how each job is relevant to the programme they wish to undertake in the UK (up to 100 words per employment)
- List up to 10 publications and prizes (if applicable)
- Provide a statement on the relevance of their previous work experience to the proposed fellowship (up to 300 words)
- Provide a Development Impact statement in 4 parts.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: September 30, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.