Call for scholarship applications at the East & South African-German Centre of Excellence for Educational Research Methodologies and Management (DAAD/CERM-ESA) 2022.
The DAAD/CERM-ESA program intends to strengthen and internationalize higher education systems in Sub-Saharan Africa so that they can contribute to long-term development. Individuals who aim to pursue a career in teaching and/or research at a higher education institution in Sub-Saharan Africa are eligible for scholarships for development-related Masters or doctorate studies.
The program contributes to the following long-term impacts through developing future academic and professional leaders:
- Involvement of qualified experts in the solution of development-related issues in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- Structural strengthening and regional networking of partner institutions and partner universities
- Graduates in Sub-Saharan Africa are strengthening education and research.
The DAAD/CERM-ESA scholarships covers:
- Tuition Fees
- Study and research allowance
- Printing allowance
- Monthly Scholarship (Accommodation, Food etc.)
- Travel allowance (In-Region only)
- Health Insurance (In-Region only)
- have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (Master candidates) or a two-year university degree (doctoral candidates) with (at least: Second Class/Upper Division if applicable)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have a thorough knowledge of the language of instruction
- have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Sahara African country
They encourage applications from female applicants, refugees with recognized refugee status, and people from other underserved regions or groups.
Applications for the DAAD/CERM-ESA Master and PhD Scholarship 2022 should include
- DAAD application form duly filled in (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of motivation
- Recommendation letter
- Letter of admission from the host university / institution / network
- Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts (if available, including a grading scale for the final university grade)
- Copy of the passport (if applicable) or National Identification Card
- If available, information on the recognition of the university degree certificates in the host country
Additional documents only for PhD programs:
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor or a commitment letter from the host institution that a supervisor will be assigned –
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal (8-10 pages), including detailed work and timetable
- Please note that a detailed and comprehensive proposal is necessary for the assessment. Concept notes will not be accepted
- Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of proposal
Deadline: December 15, 2021.
For more information about DAAD/CERM-ESA Master and PhD Scholarship 2022, visit the official site.