Applications are welcome for 2023/24 for the EPOS Development-Related Courses for Postgraduate Scholarship in Germany by DAAD.
The DAAD encourages the training of specialists from developing and newly industrialized nations through its development-oriented postgraduate study programs. Local experts who are well-trained and connected to foreign partners play a vital role in their countries’ long-term development. They are the best hope for a brighter future for everyone, with less poverty, more education, and better health.
The scholarships provide opportunities for foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized countries with at least two years of professional experience to pursue a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, or in exceptional cases, a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Duration: 12-24 months
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
- Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
To be eligible for DAAD Development-Related Courses Postgraduate Scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, assist in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
The following documents are required for the application to the DAAD Development-Related Courses for Postgraduate Scholarship
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample europass form at http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/) with current date
- Personally signed Letter of Motivation (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with current date.
- Letter of recommendation from current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills
For more information, visit the official site.