Graduate students from developing countries are welcome to apply for a DAAD scholarship to study in Germany in the Development-Related Postgraduate Course (EPOS) in 2022/2023.
The EPOS program offers individual scholarships to participants from developing countries so that they may study development-related postgraduate courses at selected universities in Germany.
Highly qualified local specialists who are interconnected with international partners play an important role in the development of their countries. They are pivotal for a better future with less poverty, more education, and better health for all.
However, many universities in developing countries are underfunded and overcrowded, and also the availability of top-level university lecturers and practice-oriented training programs is often limited. It is against this backdrop that the DAAD created “development-related postgraduate courses” (EPOS), which are closely linked to practical experience. The program supports rigorously selected graduates from developing countries with scholarships to study for an internationally competitive degree in Germany. These postgraduate courses have been going through discerning selection processes and have to reapply to the multi-institutional selection committee on a regular basis.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
Applicants for the DAAD-EPOS MSc WASTE Scholarship must have a:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or an equivalent degree) in Chemical, Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, Process Engineering, or in a related field.
- Minimum of two years of professional experience after Bachelor Studies.
Applications must include the following Documents
- Curriculum Vitae: Please upload your signed CV on the C@MPUS platform.
- Motivation Letter (Mandatory)
- Higher education entrance qualification
- Bachelor’s /Master’s Degree Certificate
- Transcript of Records
- Cumulative Grade Point Average
- Grading System
- Certificates of Additional Degrees and Transcripts of Records
- Academic Letter(s) of Recommendation (Optional)
- Letter of recommendation from current employer (Mandatory)
- Proof of English Language Proficiency
- Proof of German Language Proficiency
For detailed information on how to apply, click here.
Deadline: September 30, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site.