Applications are welcome to the DAAD “Leadership for Africa” Masters Scholarship program for East Africa 2021.
The “Leadership for Africa” (LfA) scholarship program aims to help young refugees and national scholars from Kenya, Tanzania, Ethiopia, and South Sudan gain academic qualifications and advance their careers at German higher education institutions.
This program aims to contribute to the education of potential leaders who will be critical for the restoration and/or further development of their home countries during periods of conflict and displacement in various African countries. With the exception of public health, nursing, veterinary medicine, dentistry, law, and the arts, “Leadership for Africa” provides scholarships for study in Germany to eligible applicants in all fields of study.
The leadership for Africa Master’s scholarship covers:
- Accompanying study program
- Monthly scholarship rate payments of 861 EURO
- Adequate health, accident, and private/personal liability insurance in Germany
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance.
The qualification criteria for the Leadership for Africa Master’s scholarship include:
- Successful completion of a bachelor’s degree or an equivalent degree that qualifies you to pursue a master’s degree at a German university.
- A 2nd class upper division level Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science degree is required.
- In general, no more than 6 years should have passed before the last academic degree was completed.
- Language skills in English or German are required.
The following are needed to apply for the leadership for Africa Master’s scholarship
- Proof of necessary language skills
- DAAD application form duly completed (available on the DAAD Portal)
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 3 pages) containing information about the applicant’s academic career to date and current or previous employers;
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s);
- Letter of Motivation (1-3 pages) containing a precise description of the applicant’s academic/professional and personal reasons for the choice of the degree program and for wishing to participate in the program;
- A summary of undergraduate project or thesis (e.g. Bachelor´s thesis) (1 page);
- Copy of school-leaving certificate which entitles holders to study at a university in the home country (with all individual grades).
Deadline: July 2, 2021.
For more information about Leadership for Africa, visit the official site.