Application is open for the 2021 intake of DAAD MA scholarships in Master of Development Studies.
The Master of Development Studies is for those who want to work as policymakers, activists, administrators, developers, researchers, or university professors in the field of economic and social development.
The SA-German Centre for Development Research offers significant two-year DAAD merit scholarships for Masters degrees in Development Studies at the University of the Western Cape in Cape Town’s ISD (Institute for Social Development).
MA applicants are expected to write a one-page paper about one of three given topics:
- Write critical notes on how inequality can be measured. What do you regard as the causes of inequality in your country?
- What are the prospects for a successful Developmental State model in any African country of your choice?
- What do you see as the root causes of migration? How can these be addressed?
DAAD MA scholarships in Master of Development Studies 2021 covers:
- Tuition and
- Registration fee.
To be considered for the DAAD MA scholarships in Master of Development Studies 2021, the following requirements must be met:
- Applicants should be from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- They should have an outstanding academic record – at least 70% average for your last degree.
- The study must have been completed at an internationally recognized university.
- The previous degree should have been an academic discipline which is related to Development Studies.
- Other students need the equivalent of a 4-year undergraduate degree.
- Applicants must provide evidence of proficiency in English, both written and spoken.
- Work and/or voluntary experience in their field of interest would be a recommendation.
- There is no formal age restriction, but applicants should apply within six years of completing their previous degree.
When using the e-form to apply to DAAD MA scholarships in Master of Development Studies 2021, the following documents should be uploaded, so please prepare them before filling the form:
- a letter of application, motivating your application,
- a CV, also indicating relevant work experience as an intern or as an employee: Please use the Europass CV form available at https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/home
- certified copies of all academic certificates,
- an academic transcript from their last university,
- a copy of their passport,
- an academic reference and if applicable a professional reference.
To apply, click here
Deadline: June 20, 2021.
For more information, visit the official site .