Application is currently ongoing for the 2021 fully-funded DAAD Postdoc Fellowships in Climate Research for Africans 2021
The DAAD climap Africa program in cooperation with the climate competence centers Southern African Science Service Centre for Climate Change and Adaptive Land Management (SASSCAL) and West African Science Service Centre on Climate Change and Adapted Land (WASCAL) aims to foster application-oriented research results to tackle climate change in southern and western Africa.
The program funds postdoctoral research projects and offers a platform for collaboration in thematic working groups composed of postdoctoral fellows and African alumni of German funding initiatives with expertise in the field of climate research.
Fellows and Alumni experts will increase their research impact and output through a comprehensive training and support program, including general skills training, science policy advising, and science management. The working groups serve as a platform to connect with peers, regional and international experts, and practitioners and to build a growing professional network across Africa.
The fellowship funds Postdoctoral research project in one of the following research areas:
Agriculture, (Adapted) Land Use, Climate science, Law, Economic, and social science, Mathematics/Natural science, Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Biodiversity, Food security, Marine Science, Human Security, Education, Energy, Informatics, Water security and water resources, Woodland and forest sustainability.
Duration: The fellowship awards are tenable for a period of 12 to 18 months.
The basic fellowship consists of:
- A flat-rate travel allowance to your target country and back
- An accident, personal liability, and health insurance
- A research lump sum of a maximum of EUR 10,000
- A monthly allowance of EUR 800
This fellowship is open to
- Applicants who are nationals of an African Country.
- Individuals who are willing to contribute to the initiation and the coordination of alumni working groups.
- Applicants who are willing to realize their project at a host institution in western or southern Africa.
For detailed information on how to apply, click here.
Deadline: February 15, 2021.
For more information visit the official site.