Application is invited to the DAAD Postgraduate Study Scholarships in the Field of Architecture 2021-2022 section.
The DAAD postgraduate scholarships offer graduates the opportunity to continue their education in Germany with a postgraduate or continuing course of study. The scholarships also promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
This Scholarship is open to foreign applicants who have gained a university degree in the areas listed below at the latest by the time they commence their scholarship-supported study programme.
- Interior Design
- Monument Conservation
- Urban Planning/Urban Development
- Regional Planning
- Landscape Architecture
- Landscape Planning.
Duration: 10-24 months
The scholarship covers
- Monthly payment of euros861
- Travel allowance
- One-off study allowance
- Health, accident and personal liability insurance
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of the family.
- As a rule, applicants should have taken their final examinations no longer than six years before the application deadline.
- Applicants who have been resident in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered.
- Applicants in the field of architecture should have a knowledge of the language of instruction that corresponds to the requirements of the chosen university at the latest by the time they start their scholarship.
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form
- Letter of motivation, maximum of 3 pages
- All university certificates on all annual examinations with individual grade(s), incl. explanation of the grading system.
- German or English translations of all documents submitted in the national language.
- University degree certificate indicating final grade(s): the certificate must be subsequently submitted before the scholarship-supported study programme begins if studies have not been completed at the time of application.
- A list of all submitted designs/plans
- The form, which has to be completed by a referee, has to be generated in the DAAD portal in the section “Request reference” after registration and downloaded. Applicants should send the form by e-mail to their referee and ask for the completed reference form to be returned to them in a sealed envelope.
- School leaving certificates are not necessary.
To apply, click here
Deadline: September 30, 2020
For more information visit the official site.