Applications are welcome for the 2021/2022 University of Hohenheim AgEcon Scholarships (DAAD).
These AgEcon Scholarships are provided by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) under its special initiative “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses” (EPOS).
The DAAD initiative aims at providing academically educated young professionals from developing countries with further specialized studies. The typical scholarship holder will come either from a public authority or state or private company in a developing country and as such be engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with an emphasis on development policy.
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
Applicants for the AgEcon Scholarships must keep the following requirements
- Works either for a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country and, as such, is engaged in the planning and execution of directives and projects with emphasis on development policies having a bearing on technological, economic or social areas.
- Holds a Bachelor’s degree (normally four years) in a related subject.
- Has completed an academic degree with far above average results (upper third) and at least two years of related professional experience after the first degree (bachelor) at the time of application.
- His/her academic degrees should normally not be more than six years old.
Applications for the AgEcon Scholarships must include:
- B.Sc. certificate and transcript of academic records in original language, and, if this is not English or German, an official translation to English or German.
- a letter of recommendation, preferably by professors from the university which has awarded the degree relevant for admission.
- Proof of English proficiency if their first language is not English.
- Motivation letter in English language (not more than one page).
- Result of the AgEcon pre-test.
- Proof of a completed apprenticeship – if available.
- Reference letters from employers and/or professors – if available.
Deadline: December 15, 2021.
For more information about AgEcon Scholarships, visit the official site.