The calls for applications are currently ongoing for the Deloitte One Young World Scholarships 2024
One of the most pressing of these challenges is the climate crisis. The IPCC’s most recent climate report has shown that we require urgent transition and change across all sectors and systems to secure a climate-resilient, liveable future for all. It is now more crucial than ever that we find and develop collective and innovative solutions to tackle climate change and meet the Paris Agreement.
In securing the future of the planet, however, we must also ensure that it is a future in which the next generation is equipped to meet the challenges that will come with it. Investing in education and skills is key to empowering individuals, nations, and societies to face the challenges of tomorrow. However, millions of people around the world are held back by educational inequality, with 800 million youth today not predicted to have even the basic skills to succeed in the workforce by 2030.
The scholarship is seeking candidates who have demonstrated commitment to:
- Create, scale, or support efforts that reduce carbon emissions
- Reduce the negative impacts of climate change through technology, activism, community programs, policy, nature-based solutions, or other similar efforts
- Empower individuals within the community or around the world to take climate action
- Plan and strategize around reducing climate change-related natural disaster impacts and strengthening resilience.
- Improve access to education, skills, or employment opportunities for those that may be left behind by the rapidly changing global economy. For example, women, girls, and disadvantaged youth
- Create skills development or lifelong learning opportunities for people to prepare for the future workforce, including in areas where there are talent shortages.
- Accelerate entrepreneurship, create new types of employment, or provide opportunities for people to overcome traditional barriers to employment.
- Access to the One Young World Summit 2024 in Montreal
- Travel restrictions permit
- Hotel accommodation in a private room between 18 and 21 (inclusive) September, 2024
- The cost of travel to and from Montreal (economic class)
- Catering which includes breakfast, lunch, and dinner (provided by the hotel and during the Summit),
- Ground transportation between Summit venues
- Participation in Deloitte-hosted sessions for their delegation in the lead-up to and during the Summit, and a Deloitte “buddy”
- Aged 18 – 30
- Nationals of all countries will be eligible to apply for this scholarship, but projects must be based where Deloitte has a presence
- Evidenced commitment to delivering positive change
- Demonstrated capacity for leadership
- Understanding of key local and/or global issues
- Track record of generating impactful and innovative solutions to address either climate and environmental challenges, or education and skills-based challenges
Interested applicants are to submit their application with the following documents:
- Letters of Support or Recommendation
- Personal Statement
- Research Project Proposal
To apply for Deloitte One Young World Scholarships 2024, click here
Deadline: January 21, 2024.
For more information on Deloitte One Young World Scholarships 2024, visit the official site.