DW Akademie currently offers the Master’s program “International Media Studies” in cooperation with the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences and Bonn University.
Young journalists, media executives, and communications staff from emerging and transitional nations—particularly those from Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe—are the target audience for the program. However, applicants from other developed nations, including those from the EU and Germany, are also welcome.
The English-language interdisciplinary study program combines subjects like journalism, communication science, media management, and media and development. The full-time, four-semester Master’s degree offers an unparalleled mix of research, lectures, and practical experience and prepares students for careers in the communications and media industries.
The DW Akademie Master’s Degree International Media Studies Scholarship particularly aimed at:
- Media workers from radio, TV, online, and print
- Young journalists, especially those working with electronic media
- Journalists and managers from community radio stations
- Communications experts
- NGO employees
- Government ministry employees
- Staff working in the area of development cooperation
- Representatives of national broadcasters’ regional working groups
- Media association representatives
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 861 euros for graduates
- Payments toward health, accident, and personal liability insurance cover
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy
- Monthly allowance for accompanying members of family
To apply for the DW Akademie Master’s Degree International Media Studies Scholarship:
- Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree and, after graduating,
- At least one year of professional experience in a media-related field.
- Applicants must also have a good command of English.
Before entering the data into the online application form, applicants are to make sure they have all the following documents required for the application ready:
- Letter of motivation
- Current Curriculum Vitae
- Certificate of academic degree(s) (including ALL transcripts)
- Proof of at least one year’s professional experience in a media-related field AFTER obtaining the first academic degree (for a scholarship applicants must provide proof of at least two years of professional experience).
- Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China or Vietnam)
To apply for DW Akademie Master’s Degree International Media Studies Scholarship, click here.
Deadline: March 13, 2023.
For more information, visit the official site.