The DST- NRF Centre of Excellence in Human Development calls for applications to its 2022 Bursaries Masters, Doctoral, and Post-doctoral Fellowships.
Each year the DST-NRF Centre of Excellence in Human Development awards bursaries to high-performing Master’s and Doctoral students and Post-doctoral fellows who wish to do research that falls into one of the CoE’s four thematic or cross-cutting areas:
Life-course development; which covers the development of individuals from conception to death. Under this category are included multi-disciplinary studies of a child, adolescent, and adult development.
Socioeconomic development; which covers the attainment of improved living conditions, both material and non-material through, amongst others, health, education, social security, food security, and decent employment.
Transformational development; which covers aspirations and values that influence and are influenced by, amongst others, individual and group identity.
Inter-generational development; which covers the life cycle from one generation to another. Studies of families and inter-generational influences are included in this category.
- Master’s students are funded for two years at R70 000 a year
- Doctoral students are funded for three years at R100 000 a year
- Post-Doctoral Fellows are funded for three years at R200 000 a year
- All Master’s students must fulfill the requirements for their degree within two years and have at least one co-authored paper in a peer-reviewed journal accepted for publication.
- The Doctoral students must fulfill the requirements for their degrees within three years and have at least two first-authored papers accepted for publication or published.
- Post-Doctoral Fellows must have at least two first- or co-authored papers accepted for publication, in the press, or published in each year of the three-year fellowship.
- Applications may be made by students directly or by supervisors on behalf of students.
The following documents are to be submitted alongside the application form:
- Proof of Registration
- Copy of photo page of ID or passport
- Project Proposal and relevance to the topic of Human Development
- Academic transcripts.
To download the form, click here.
Deadline: February 26, 2021.
For more information visit the official site.