Applications are welcome from researchers in the developing and least developed countries to the Multiple Sclerosis International Federation Du Pré Grants 2021.
The MSIF Du Pré Grant enables multiple sclerosis researchers and clinicians from low- and middle-income countries to travel to developed MS research centers outside of their home country for short visits (up to six months). To get around COVID-19’s travel restrictions in 2021, they are accepting applications for virtual or local ventures.
Participants gain experience or carry out parts of joint research projects during the visit or virtual project. This improves Multiple Sclerosis (MS) treatment and encourages collaboration in science. Following the award, It is expected of applicants to continue MS study or clinical practice in low- and middle-income countries, leveraging their newly gained skills and networks.
Duration: 2-6 months
Benefits: £6,000 GBP
Applicants shall meet the following requirements:
- Be residents of a country with a low or middle income (all countries with a low, lower middle, or upper middle income as defined by the World Bank)
- Have a postgraduate degree (at least an MSc, but preferably a Ph.D. or MD) in a field related to multiple sclerosis (MS)
- Concentrate their research proposal on multiple sclerosis-related subjects.
Candidates must also be a member of one of the following organizations.
- Working on a project in another country that began during the six months prior to nomination
- At the time of nomination, he/she must be employed or studying in a low- or middle-income country
- Studying in a foreign country as part of a project sponsored by the MS International Federation
The followings are expected of applicants to register for the Du Pré Grants
- Complete all sections of the online application form
- A supporting statement from the Host at the end of the application
- Names and contact details of 2 referees, as well as the applicant’s current supervisor or employer
- The two referees are to send a reference letter each to research[at]msif[dot].org before the deadline
To get the application form, click here.
Deadline: June 30, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.