In collaboration with the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences and Bonn University, the DW Akademie now offers the Master’s degree scholarship “International Media Studies.”
The Master’s program is primarily for young journalists, media managers, and communications staff who come from developing and transition countries, particularly from Africa, Asia, Latin America, and Eastern Europe. However, Germans, EU citizens, Canadians, Americans, and Australians can also apply.
The Master’s program is unique in Germany and attracts students from all over the world. It combines research, lectures, and hands-on media skills in cooperation with Bonn University and the Bonn-Rhein-Sieg University of Applied Sciences.
It is conducted in English and offers academic and practical expertise. Students are trained to become professional media specialists who can meet career demands with the required skills and confidence. Nevertheless, the program prepares students for management positions within an international environment.
- The International Media Studies scholarship covers the cost of living and accommodation.
- The tuition fees and the flight will also be reimbursed.
- Applicants for the International Media Studies scholarship must have a bachelor’s degree and, after graduating, at least one year of professional experience in a media-related field.
- Applicants must also have a good command of English.
Interested applicants for the International Media Studies scholarship are to provide the following documents for applications
- Letter of motivation (maximum 700 words; font “Arial”, size 10.; spacing 1,5; signed and dated)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Europass format, signed and dated)
- Certificate of their academic degree(s) (including ALL transcripts)
- Proof of at least one year’s professional experience in a media-related field AFTER obtaining their first academic degree
- Certificate of APS (for applicants who completed their first degree in China or Vietnam)
- Proof of sufficient English language skills
- Recent recommendation letter from a university (with letterhead, official university stamp, signature and date)
- Recent recommendation letter from your current employer (with letterhead, official company stamp, signature and date)
- DAAD application form (filled in, signed and dated)
To apply for the International Media Studies scholarship, click here.
Deadline: March 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.