IUCEA invites suitably qualified nationals of the East African Community (EAC) to apply for cohort 3 of the KfW- funded Scholarships, to pursue Master’s studies in the EAC Partner State other than their own.
The EAC Scholarship Programme is an initiative of the East African Community (EAC) and the Federal Republic of Germany. The goal of this initiative is to contribute towards training leaders that will foster the EAC Regional integration. This goal will be partly achieved through the establishment of academic collaboration between universities/institutions within the EAC Region, by encouraging students to study in countries other than their own. In order to achieve these impacts, the project offers a comprehensive package including scholarships for Master’s programs, internships, mentoring, networking events, and further leadership training activities.
The EAC scholarship will support Master’s students in
v) Technology and
vi) Business Science programs.
The EAC scholarship covers the following:
- University tuition fees;
- Return economy air ticket between the candidate’s home and host countries;
- Stipend: EUR380 per month to support living expenses;
- Allowances for study materials and research;
- EUR 1,500 one- off allowance for Medical insurance and extracurricular events.
- Be a national of a partner state of the East African Community;
- Be below 35years of age at the time of application;
- Possess at least an equivalent of Upper Second-Class Honours or “Distinction” as applicable;
- Have obtained admission from a university in another country of the EAC Region other than their own.
- Signed curriculum vitae.
- A letter of motivation for applying for the scholarship.
- Certified copies of all university degree certificates and transcripts.
- A copy of the university Application Form and its attachments.
- A recent passport photograph in colour.
- Evidence of Nationality of a Partner State in the East African Community such as copy of national identity card/ passport/birth certificate.
Deadline: September 17, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.