Applications are invited to the EDUFI Doctoral Fellowship for International Students to study in Finland.
The EDUFI Fellowship is intended, particularly, for providing initial funding to carry out research for a doctoral thesis in Finland. The aim of the EDUFI Fellowship is to help make Finnish research and teaching more international and to build networks between Finnish and foreign universities.
The fellowship grant is intended for post-graduate studies as well as research and teaching cooperation in Finnish universities in all fields of study.
The grant will be awarded for
- starting work on a doctoral research project if the whole doctoral thesis will be completed in a Finnish university. You cannot apply for the grant at the end of a research project or for post-doctoral research.
- completing a double degree in Finland.
- a study visit for post-graduate students working on a doctoral thesis in a university outside Finland, if there are particularly compelling reasons for the cooperation.
Duration: 3–12 months, visits 3–6 months
Benefits: 1,500 euros/month
The EDUFI Fellowship is available to all foreign nationals and all fields of study. Applicants can apply for the fellowship grant if
- they work as a researcher or a teacher in a Finnish university department
- they will be hosting the research fellow
- He/she will commit to common objectives with the research fellow
- He/she will supervise the research, and
- She/he will offer facilities and equipment for the use of the research fellow.
Applicants can apply for the fellowship grant at any time. However, they are to send the application at least five months before the planned start of the fellowship.
Deadline: February 19, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.