Elliott Trudeau Foundation invites applications from postgraduate students to the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Doctoral Scholarship in Canada Pennsylvania.
The Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship program is a highly competitive program. This three-year leadership program is to train Engaged Leaders, equipping outstanding doctoral candidates with the skills to translate their ideas into action, for the betterment of their communities, Canada, and the world. Scholars are selected each year and receive leadership training in the context of Brave Spaces, in addition to generous funding for their studies.
The theme of our 2023-2026 Scientific Cycle will be Canada in the World. This theme will contextualize the leadership training offered to the 2023 cohort of Scholars. Please note that Scholars’ studies need not be directly related to this theme; Scholars are not selected based on their expertise with respect to the theme of the Scientific Cycle, but rather on their interest and capacity to embark on this leadership journey within this context. This innovative model aims to help Scholars look beyond their areas of expertise and develop their engagement with issues and ideas that are not necessarily part of their academic training.
Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation Scholarship in Canada offers:
- Membership in a vibrant community of Scholars, Mentors, and Fellows, all of whom are leaders in their respective disciplines and sectors
- Up to $40,000 per year for three years to cover tuition and reasonable living expenses to focus on their doctoral studies and the Foundation’s leadership program
- Up to $20,000 per year for three years, for the learning of languages, for travel and accommodations for the Foundation’s leadership program, and for research, networking, and travel related to their doctoral research
- Leadership training from the Mentors and Fellows, including unique experiential learning opportunities that enrich and complement their academic experience
- Opportunities to acquire greater proficiency in Canada’s official languages (French and English) as well as Indigenous languages
- Lifelong membership in the Foundation’s alumni network.
To apply to the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Scholarship in Canada, applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be already accepted into or in year one or two of a full-time doctoral program and expected to complete your doctoral studies in 2026 or later.
- The field of study is broadly related to the humanities or human sciences of direct relevance to the future of Canada;
- Doctoral work must relate to at least one of the Foundation’s Four Themes: Human Rights and Dignity, Responsible Citizenship, Canada and the World, and People and their Natural Environment.
- Be a Canadian citizen studying at a Canadian or foreign institution, or
- A non-Canadian (permanent resident of Canada or foreign national) enrolled in a doctoral program at a Canadian institution.
Candidates who are committed to a three-year leadership program and who meet the eligibility criteria can apply directly to the Foundation through the application portal below.
To apply for Elliott Trudeau’s Fully-funded Doctoral Scholarship in Canada, click here.
Deadline: December 02, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.