Applications are warmly welcome from organizations large and small, from schools, universities, publishers, and start-ups, to charities, associations, and collectives to ELTons Innovation Awards 2021.
The British Council ELTons Awards for Innovation in English language teaching and learning celebrate the newest and most original courses, books, publications, apps, platforms, projects, and more, which find new ways to meet the real-life needs of English language learners and teachers around the world.
In the last year, professionals in the global English language teaching community have shown extraordinary resourcefulness, finding ways to limit the disruption to learners’ education, at an unparalleled pace. The ELTons 2021 is an opportunity to recognize and celebrate teams and individuals innovating against the odds.
In making sure that the ELTons British Council Innovation Awards are inclusive and reflect the broad diversity of English language education around the world. They (ELTons British Council) welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds.
The Five Elton award categorize are:
- Excellence in Course Innovation – Courses using a fresh variety of content, formats, or media, to help learners achieve stretching levels of English language proficiency.
- Innovation in Teacher Resources – Resources supporting English language teaching professionals, whether through teacher training, education, or Continuing Professional Development.
- Innovation in Learner Resources – Services, activities, materials, or works using innovative means to improve English language learners’ proficiency in vocabulary, grammar, fluency, receptive and productive skills, or vital language skills for study or for work.
- Digital Innovation – Use of digital technology or media – cutting edge technologies, or original use of existing technology – to benefit high-quality English language learning
- Local Innovation in partnership with Cambridge Assessment English – Resources or project innovating to meet specific, local needs, within local, national or regional contexts around the world.
Professionals in English language education around the world – educators, leaders, publishers, project managers, writers, and authors – are welcome to apply for this prestigious, international award.
There are basically two steps in applying for this award
To enter applicant’s innovation:
- Complete the ELTons 2021 application form (available at the bottom of the page).
- Upload the application via the ELTons online submission portal.
Note: Application forms can be submitted either as a Microsoft Word or PDF file.
To complete your application submission via the ELTons online submission portal, in addition to the application form, applicant must submit one digital copy of his/her entry (e.g. digital access to his/her course, book, app, platform, project materials, etc.).
To get the application form, click here.
Deadline: March 21, 2021.
For more information visit the official site.