The Faculty of Science and the Institute for Biology is looking for an ERC-funded postdoctoral researcher in molecular plant immunity.
Plant diseases occur everywhere and are one of the major threats to our agriculture. Understanding how disease resistance works are the key to protecting plant health and are also one of the long-term missions of the group led by Dr. Ding.
This postdoctoral project is funded by a European Research Council (ERC) Starting Grant titled R-ELEVATION, which will focus on investigating gene regulatory mechanisms involved in immunity activated by intracellular nucleotide-binding leucine-rich-repeat (NB-LRR) receptors (NLRs). In this postdoctoral project, they focus on understanding the evolutionary perspectives of gene regulatory mechanisms during immune activation.
ERC-funded Postdoctoral Researcher in Molecular Plant Immunity responsibility include:
- Plan and conduct research activities;
- Write manuscripts for publications;
- Present research at meetings, etc.;
- Co-supervise graduate students;
- Follow university guidelines, scientific ethics, and integrity.
Duration: a full-time 3-year position with a probation period.
- Salary ranges from € 2.960 to € 4.670 gross per month
- Leiden University offers an attractive benefits package with additional holiday (8%) and end-of-year bonuses (8.3 %), training and career development, and sabbatical leave.
They seek a postdoctoral researcher in Molecular Plant Immunity with:
- A PhD degree in biology or a related area;
- A strong curiosity in biology with a passion for plant sciences;
- Profound theoretical knowledge in and experience with genetics and molecular biology;
- Good knowledge of chemistry, physics, mathematics, and statistics;
- Competitive practical skills in applying genetics and molecular biology approaches;
- Affinity with using computers and proficient skills with commonly used software;
- Good organisation habits and time management skills;
- Good communication and proficient English skills (both written and spoken);
- Capability and flexibility to work independently as well as a team player;
- Good habits in maintaining mental health and stress resilience.
Interested applicants are to send their application via the apply button below and include the following:
- A cover letter; stating he motivation for applying to this position.
- Curriculum vitae.
- A copy of higher education diploma;
- Contact information of two references.
To apply for ERC-funded Postdoctoral Researcher in Molecular Plant Immunity, click here.
Deadline: March 30, 2023.
For more information on ERC-funded Postdoctoral Researcher in Molecular Plant Immunity, visit the official site.