The Ernst Mach Grant – worldwide invites applications from Ph.D. students, postgraduates, postdocs, and young lecturers from universities outside of Austria for its scholarship grants 2021.
Students and academic teaching staff from all fields of study can apply for a grant period of 1 to 9 months, extensions are not possible. The goal of this scholarship is to
- promote research cooperation
- promote young academics in the early stages of their scientific career
- establish an effective network of researchers with relations to Austria
Successful candidates will receive
- Monthly grants rate
- Tuition fees
- Assistance in arranging accommodation and health insurance
- Monthly administrative fees
- Scholarship holders from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of max. EUR 1,000 upon submission of original travel invoices.
The following criteria must be met to be eligible for this scholarship grants,
- Applicants must be postgraduates pursuing a doctoral/Ph.D. program outside Austria;
- postgraduates and post-docs wishing to pursue research in Austria with a view to an academic career and who completed their studies (at a university outside Austria) after September 30th, 2019.
- post-docs who are working as lecturers at a university outside Austria.
- Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
- They must be a maximum of 35 years of age.
- They must have a Very good knowledge of English and/or German.
To apply for the Ernst Mach scholarship grants, the following documents are required
- Consent of a lecturer at the Austrian target university to supervise the applicant academically
- Scanned copy of passport (page with the name and photo)
- Scanned copy of the university graduation certificate of their diploma, master, Ph.D. or doctoral studies
- Two letters of recommendation by university lecturers.
- only for PhD-students: confirmation, that proves their participation in a PhD-program at their home university
- only for postdoc-lecturers: confirmation that proves their employment at their home university.
Deadline: February 1, 2021
For more information and application, visit the official site.