Application is currently open for the ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship Programme 2022.
The Student Summer Research Fellowship (ETH SSRF) programme offers undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to gain their first research experience in an area of their choice. The fellowship provided by the Computer Science Department of ETH takes place during two summer months and is open to all students worldwide. The department is committed to increasing diversity in the computer science area.
At the Department of Computer Science, more than 45 professors from across the world do research and teach. They are experts in their fields and cover all aspects of modern computer science, from the fundamentals to the design and the development of practical systems The computer science department at ETH is one of the best in the world. It is widely acknowledged as one of the best venues to study and do research.
Research opportunities are available in the following areas:
- Theory and Algorithms
- Networked Systems and Parallel Computing
- Pervasive Computing and Cyberphysical Systems
- Information and System Security
- Data Management and Machine Learning
- Programming Languages and Software Engineering
- Visual Computing
The fellowship covers:
- Travel fee,
- visa fee, and
- living expenses.
An applicant is eligible for the ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship programme if he/she meets the following criteria:
- Be enrolled in a study programme (bachelor, master or equivalent) in computer science or a closely related field (e.g., electrical engineering, mathematics, physics)
- Expected graduation date in hi/her current study programme (bachelor or master) is in the year following the fellowship or later.
- Will have completed two years of study by the start of the programme (master students naturally satisfy this condition).
- The duration of the fellowship is the full two months of July and August, during which time he/she must be present.
- Due to the current COVID-19 safety measures, travel restrictions and quarantine rules, participants must provide a valid certificate of vaccination against COVID-19 with an approved vaccine or proof of recovery at the beginning of the programme.
In applying for ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship, applicants are to fill in personal data and upload several documents including:
- CV, using the Europass format.
- Official academic transcript from their home university. However, applicants are to use the grading system that their university provides – the grading system on the GPA scale that they have been graded on.
- Letter of motivation/personal statement (maximum of 1 page) describing:
- Why they have chosen their proposed scientific area of research. and
- What they hope to accomplish by coming to ETH and how it will support their academic or professional goals and prepare them for a career in research.
To apply for the ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship, click here.
Deadline: December 15, 2021.
For more information about the ETH Student Summer Research Fellowship, visit the official site.