Applications are welcome for the European Union Cyber Diplomacy (EU: CD) Fellowship for Junior and Mid-Level Experts.
One of the important aspects contributing to the global adoption of the UN framework for responsible state behavior is the strengthening of global cyber diplomacy involvement and debate. However, with a continuously rising list of international issues on the cyber diplomacy agenda, it is critical that all stakeholders have access to the appropriate knowledge and background of these processes, as well as the ability to effectively engage in those dialogues. To that end, the EU Cyber Diplomacy Initiative – EU Cyber Direct introduces the EU: CD Fellowship for Junior and Mid-Level Experts from Partner Countries, which will run from September 2022 to October 2024.
The main purpose of the EU: CD Cyber Diplomacy Fellowship is to support partner countries and non-governmental stakeholders to engage in international cyber diplomacy debates through addressing the development of skills and knowledge at the individual level. The Fellowship will pay particular attention to knowledge transfer among the Fellows in order to build relationships and strengthen North-South and South-South cooperation. Some of the issues that the Fellowship will address include:
- The UN framework for responsible state behavior;
- Regional and multilateral approaches to countering cybercrime;
- International frameworks for strengthening cyber resilience;
- International digital cooperation, including standardization and data governance;
- Global governance of emerging disruptive technologies.
At the end of the EU: CD Cyber Diplomacy Fellowship, the Fellows will be able to:
- Identify and discuss key policy dilemmas across various cyber, digital, and tech issues;
- Identify and engage with stakeholders at national, regional, and international levels;
- Shape domestic policies in the domains covered during the Programme;
- Contribute to strengthening national and/or regional perspectives on cyber and digital issues, including written opinion pieces, or presentations during workshops;
- Transmit the acquired knowledge to other members of the national ecosystem or a stakeholder group.
Duration: 01 months
To be eligible for EU: CD Cyber Diplomacy Fellowship, the candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a national of a country from one of the regions: non-EU members of the Eastern European Group (EEG), Africa Group, Latin America and the Caribbean Group (GRULAC), Asia Pacific Group (APG);
- Clear relevance of cyber and/or digital developments at national, regional, or international level for current employment or line of work;
- Proven working knowledge of English
Interested applicants can apply for the EU: CD Cyber Diplomacy Fellowship for Junior and Mid-Level Experts by submitting a comprehensive CV to the application link below.
Deadline: July 31, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.