The Department of Clinical Sciences of Companion Animals, Faculty of Veterinary Medicine at Utrecht University invites applications for a full-time faculty position in the Section of Companion Animal Emergency and Critical Care (ECC).
The successful candidate will join two board-certified ECC faculty members to strengthen the team and develop the growing Section of ECC, which is comprised of emergency service (ES) and intensive care unit (ICU). The applicant will be appointed with a primary focus on supporting and training the members of the ES, including students, Technicians, Veterinarians, residents, and support staff from other departments. The applicant will contribute to the development of the clinical aspect of the veterinary ECC curriculum.
The Section of ECC runs its own residency program and contributes to those of other specialties. The candidate will also play an important role in the future development, expansion, and quality control of the ES specifically, and the ECC section in general. Additional responsibilities will be determined in accordance with the academic priorities and the candidate’s areas of expertise within the specialty of emergency and critical care medicine. Contribution to independent and/or collaborative research is encouraged. Interaction with colleagues across a range of specialties will give the candidate further support and stimulation to develop their interests and ambitions.
In the framework of its development, RBS is opening 8 full-time faculty positions (Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor) in the following disciplines:
- Marketing (2 positions)
- Human Recourses Management/Organizational Behavior (2 positions)
- Strategy (1 position)
- Supply Chain Management (1 position)
- Management Control (1 position)
- Finance (1 position)
- Salary and rank will be commensurate with academic credentials and experience.
- Salaries are supplemented with a holiday bonus of 8% and a year-end bonus of 8.3% per year.
- Utrecht University offers excellent secondary conditions, including an attractive retirement scheme,
- extensive time off,
- CPD allowance,
- a savings plan,
- (partly paid) parental leave and
- flexible employment conditions
Qualifications for the position include
- Training in emergency and critical care (preferably, but not restricted to, Dip.
- E/ACVECC or board eligible) or board certification (or board eligible) in a different specialty with a strong interest in ECC.
- Non-residency trained applicants would be considered based on their level of clinical experience.
- The candidate must be interested in working in an academic environment and contributing to the many aspects of an academic veterinary teaching hospital.
- Management experience and interest is also a plus.
Interested applicants should send the following documents to apply, for this position
- Curriculum vitae,
- A letter of motivation,
- Research interests,
- Teaching philosophy, and
- Clinical interests.
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: March 31, 2021.
For more information visit the official site.