The Faculty of Behavioural, Management and Social Sciences, University of Twente calls for application for the position of Assistant/Associate Professor in the area of Teacher Professional Development in the Netherlands.
ELAN, the group focusing on Teacher Development within the Learning, Data Analytics, and Technology department (LDT) at the Faculty of Behavioural, Management, and Social Sciences, is involved in research and education with regard to (technology-supported) teacher professional development. Twente provides pre-service and in-service education to teachers, and develop, evaluate and implement theory-based interventions that influence the quality of teaching and learning in primary, secondary, and tertiary education. They leverage tools from the educational sciences and take an engineering perspective in their work. To enrich their research and development, both on campus and beyond, they seek an enthusiastic assistant/associate professor in the area of teacher professional development.
As a teacher, they will contribute actively to modules in the UT Teacher Education program as well as the Master Program, Educational Science and Technology. Furthermore,
- they will supervise (graduate) student work.
- in their research, they will contribute to the interdisciplinary research domain ‘Learning’ in the faculty of Behavioral, Management, and Social Sciences and will establish partnerships with teachers in other faculties.
- they will contribute to the design of technologies to promote teacher learning and well-being and/or the use of technology in advancing research on change processes as a result of such interventions.
- they will carry out research in close cooperation with teachers at the UT and in (local) schools.
- applying for research grants, publishing in peer-reviewed journals, and Ph.D. supervision is part of their tasks.
- A gross monthly salary between € 3.746 to € 6.940, based on education and relevant work experience.
- Holiday allowance and a year-end bonus
- Sabbatical leave
- Professional and personal development programs and a good retirement fund.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- hold a Ph.D. degree preferably in educational sciences;
- have a track record in research and supporting teacher development (experience in higher education is preferred);
- have teaching experience (lecturing, tutoring, thesis mentoring);
- demonstrate curiosity and experience in designing and researching innovative technologies in education, through relevant publications in reputable academic journals, presentations in international scientific conferences, and other academic activities;
- have an excellent command of both qualitative and quantitative methods;
- enjoy interdisciplinary team workers, collaborating with scholars from different backgrounds in social sciences and technology;
- are excited about establishing collaborations with STEM teachers at this university (e.g. to support their engineering education, beta-didactical research).
- enjoy teaching in both degree programs and outreach/professional development settings;
- possess good communication skills, including an excellent command of English.
Interested applicants should attach the following in their application,
- A recent CV,
- Vision statement on teaching and research, and
- Contact information of two references.
Application Deadline: January 3, 2021.
To apply, click here
For more information visit the official site.