The Center for Desert Agriculture (CDA) in KAUST is seeking a motivated and articulate researcher to lead the design and establishment of a range of open-field plant growth facilities for research and teaching in plant science, agriculture, and agronomy, in line with the CDA’s Strategic Plan.
King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) in Saudi Arabia, on the Red Sea coastal area of Thuwal, is an international graduate-level research university dedicated to inspiring a new age of scientific achievement that will benefit the region and the world. As an independent and merit-based institution and one of the best-endowed universities in the world, KAUST is becoming a major new contributor to the global network of collaborative research
The tasks for this position include:
- Coordinate with consultants and faculty, members of the CDA, Core Labs, and other stakeholders for the design of field sites and associated facilities to meet current and anticipated research needs.
- Plan with consultants for the construction of these facilities, organize tenders, and oversee the work of contractors and others.
- Implement and manage research experiments, including design of field experiments, development of work plans for field research, maintenance and service of research equipment, design and development of novel small plot research equipment, and high-throughput phenotyping platforms.
- Primary responsibility for hiring and supervising research assistants.
- Perform other applicable tasks and duties assigned within the realm of the employee’s knowledge, skills, and abilities in the field of his/her position.
To be eligible for the Field Crop Specialist in the Center for Desert Agriculture, applicants must have;
- B.Sc. in Agricultural Engineering, Agronomy, or closely related field with 2-5 years experience
- Experience with plant science research, agronomy, and physiology
- Independent management of field research
- Experience with designing, maintaining, and operating high throughput phenotyping instrumentation, including both hardware and data collection in the field and/or greenhouse.
- M.Sc. in Agriculture Engineering, Agronomy, or closely related field
- Experience working in commercial agriculture research
- Experience with arid land agriculture research
- Ability to handle farm and research machinery
The application should include:
- Single Page Cover letter
- Copy of official academic transcripts
- Two letters of recommendations
To apply for the Field Crop Specialist in the Center for Desert Agriculture, click here.
Application Deadline: Until filled
For more information, visit the official site.