The FSNet-Africa Call for Applications for its 2021 fellowship program where Researchers working on African food systems research are invited to submit applications as fellows or mentors.
Early career researchers will each be awarded a stipend to conduct research on any aspect of the food system. FSNet structured learning activities will help strengthen the researcher’s networks as they develop leadership and science communication skills.
As mentors and fellows, candidates will have an opportunity to engage with academics from six African Universities and the UK. They will also have an opportunity to work with stakeholders from different areas of the food system.
Early career researchers will each be awarded up to £20,000 to conduct research.
This fellowship is open to researchers from FSNet ten academic partner institutions. These are:
- University of Ghana – Ghana
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology – Ghana
- University of Nairobi – Kenya
- Lilongwe University of Agriculture and Natural Resources – Malawi
- Malawi University of Science and Technology – Malawi
- University of Pretoria- South Africa
- Sokoine University of Agriculture – Tanzania
- University of Western Cape – South Africa
- University of Dar es Salaam – Tanzania
- Early career researchers who obtained their Ph.D. in or after 2011 may apply as fellows. While Senior researchers who obtained their Ph.D. before 2011 can apply as mentors.
- Applications from female researchers are strongly encouraged.
- Female applicants can request support in preparing their applications.
Deadline: March 1, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.