The Embassy of the United States of America’s Public Affairs Section invites qualified candidates to apply for the Fulbright Grants for African Research Scholar Program
The Embassy of the United States of America’s Public Affairs Section is excited to announce the Fulbright African Research Scholar Program (FARSP) for the 2022-2023 academic year.
The Council for the International Exchange of Scholars (CIES), a division of the Institute of International Education, administers the FARSP on behalf of the United States Department of State.
The FARSP this year is administering two categories of grants to its scholars. Its include:
- program and curriculum development grants; and
- research grant.
The University faculty or research institute professionals may receive awards of 3 to 9 months to perform research in any academic discipline at a U.S. academic or research institution. However, the research grants are for university faculty or administrators with limited experience with little or no access to research or instructional developments in their fields. In the application form, the applicant must state which grant program he or she is applying for (research grant or program and curriculum development grant) and design their or her proposal to that program.
- Applicants must be residents of an African country.
- In their fields, applicants must have a doctorate or equivalent terminal degree.
- Individuals with at least three years of university teaching experience and a credible scholarly record will be given preference.
- For the first grants applicants with Masters degrees are welcome to apply.
The following documents are required for application for the Fulbright Grants for African Research Scholar Program:
- Applicant’s most recent curriculum vita,
- List of publications,
- A detailed statement 3-5 pages describing the proposed project and the methodology to be employed,
- Scholar’s dates of availability, and
- Three current letters of reference.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: July 15, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.