The Faculty of Engineering Technology at the University of Twente is currently seeking to appoint a full professor in the area of asset management & maintenance engineering.
The position contributes to research and education in the Department of Design, Production & Management and the Asset Management and Maintenance Innovation Centre.
The successful candidate will be working on diverse technologies in design, production and life cycle management of capital assets, requiring advanced maintenance and operations engineering expertise as well as an understanding of life cycle analysis and decision making. On this note, the candidate must have a strong background in engineering and production or related fields, have a good track record in research, and be a motivated and experienced teacher. And also, have a broad network in the maintenance domain of the Dutch capital asset industry.
The most important activities in doing this project will be:
- initiate an independent and creative research programme that will cover all parts of the Department of Design, Production & Management
- play a key role in strengthening collaboration between the department and other research units at the university as well as with established industries
- supervise doctoral students and contribute to knowledge transfer in the broad field of maintenance engineering and life cycle management.
- be involved in existing core undergraduate and graduate courses as well as new innovative courses.
The Full Professor in Asset Management & Maintenance Engineering provides:
- A full-time position as a full professor with a gross salary between €6.099 and € 8.881 per month (depending on experience and qualifications) and a solid pension scheme
- Excellent research facilities and the possibility to work with other departments
- An international work environment;
- A holiday allowance of 8% of the gross annual salary and a year-end bonus of 8,3%
- Professional and personal development programmes.
- A family-friendly institution that offers parental leave (both paid and unpaid) and career support for partners
The Full Professor in Asset Management & Maintenance Engineering seeks a candidate with the following key qualifications:
- a doctoral degree and expertise in a relevant field
- a passion for teaching and for developing inspiring and engaging education (hold a University Teaching Qualification for Dutch Universities, a similar qualification, or are willing to obtain this)
- an inspiring mentor and coach to junior researchers
- demonstrate the ability to pursue and develop the existing research line, evidenced by an outstanding publication record and a proven track of attracting external funding
- able to interconnect science and industry
- strong communication, organisation, and interpersonal skills focused on inspiring and motivating co-workers
- strong proficiency in English
Interested applicants can apply and ensure that they attach the following:
- list of publications and
- vision statement
To apply, click here
Application Deadline: September 08, 2022.
For more information on Full Professor Asset Management & Maintenance Engineering, visit the official site.