The Department of Information and Computing Sciences is looking for a Full Professor in Machine Learning Fundamentals to work within the Artificial Intelligence & Data Science division.
The Department of Information and Computing Sciences (ICS) is nationally and internationally renowned for its fundamental and applied research in computer science and information science. In our constantly changing (digital) society, they are continually looking for new, realistic ways to push the boundaries of both science and societal application. They contribute to innovative information technologies through the development and application of new concepts, theories, algorithms, and software methods. With their expertise, they nourish a wide range of interdisciplinary and societal collaboration initiatives.
The position offer:
- a full-time gross salary ranging from €6,099 to €8,881 in scale H2 at Full Professor level;
- benefits including an 8% holiday bonus and an 8.3% end-of-year bonus;
- a pension scheme, partially paid parental leave, and flexible employment conditions
- a starting package that is negotiable and depends on what is necessary to give you a running start in the department;
- assistance in finding housing and, if applicable, help with finding employment for a partner and schools for children.
Applicants fit well with the position’s profile if they meet the following qualifications:
- a PhD in Computer Science, Information Science or another relevant discipline;
- a strong research line and high impact publication track record in Machine Learning, Data Mining, Pattern recognition, Probabilistic Models, or other closely related discipline.
- an active player in international scientific communities;
- experience in and a personal view on how to lead a group of scientists and create and sustain a supportive, collaborative and inclusive work environment;
- demonstrated ability to acquire external funding for research and innovation;
- eager to explore and forge new collaborations in and outside academia;
- enthusiasm for education and experience with student supervision, ability to teach in BSc and MSc programmes;
- experience in and aspiration for further development of courses and programmes.
Interested applicants should submit the following documents:
- a motivation letter;
- a full academic curriculum vitae, including the list of your publications;
- vision on research (at most 2 pages)
- vision on education (at most 2 pages)
To apply for the Full Professor in Machine Learning Fundamentals, click here.
Deadline: September 14, 2023.
For more information on Full Professor in Machine Learning Fundamentals, visit the official site.