The Faculty of TPM, Delft University Technology invites Public Administration scholars to work at the crossroads between technology and public administration as full professors of ‘Public Administration
Given the profile of the current professors, we are looking for a candidate with a qualitative orientation and a strong focus on analysis. The candidate has a thorough knowledge of the relevant literature on public administration, technology and governance. Building on this literature, and based on highly developed conceptual skills, the candidate is able to develop creative and innovative avenues for research and education.
The candidate will participate in the various (BSc and MSc) educational programs of the TPM Faculty, which require cooperation with colleagues from other disciplines.
The professor is expected to develop new research lines and connect these to current research in the O&G section, the MAS department, and the Faculty. The candidate has a transdisciplinary attitude and is capable of building bridges to other research fields.
- Salary and benefits are in accordance with the Collective Labour Agreement for Dutch Universities.
- The TU Delft offers a customizable compensation package, a discount on health insurance and sports memberships, and a monthly work costs contribution.
- Flexible work schedules can be arranged.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- a strong theoretical and conceptual background in public administration and a proven track record in research in public administration and governance in one or more technical domains as demonstrated by a PhD degree, publications in leading research journals, and activity in international networks;
- a research portfolio that demonstrates experience with the application of analytical approaches from public administration research in (multi-actor) governance contexts
- a broad scientific interest and capability to design research in a variety of application areas, from the perspective of public administration and governance;
- excellent communication skills;
- affinity and a proven track record of working closely with parties in the public domain;
- an empathetic personality, and knows how to connect with people, respect differences, foster diversity, and create an environment that is stimulating for all;
- the ability to link to new fields of interest such as health.
Interested applicants can apply and ensure that they attach the following:
- a letter of motivation
- a detailed CV including a list of publications and a summary of their teaching experience
- names and contact details of three referees.
- a short research statement (maximum 1 A4) with their vision on future research directions
- a short teaching statement (maximum 1 A4) with salient topics and objectives
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: October 14, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.