The Cluster of Excellence “Contestations of the Liberal Script” (SCRIPTS) is looking for an Academic Coordinator of the Berlin International College of Research and Graduate Training (BIRT) and for research-oriented teaching of the members of the Cluster of Excellence SCRIPTS.
Successful candidates for the Full-time Academic Coordinator of BIRT and Research-Oriented Teaching of SCRIPTS Members are to perform the following task:
- Coordination of the Graduate School (BGTS – Berlin Graduate School for Global and Transregional Studies) and the International Research College (IRC), as well as teaching in the Cluster of Excellence SCRIPTS
- Scientific conception and responsible implementation of structures, procedures and programmes, as well as cooperation with partner institutions in the areas of graduate education and internationalisation
- Selection and scientific integration of the BGTS and IRC fellows into the Cluster of Excellence, as well as cooperation with the participating institutions
- Conceptualisation of the scientific evaluation of teaching in the Cluster of Excellence
- Financial and structural planning with regard to the BGTS and the IRC in coordination with the administrations of the participating institutions, the cooperating graduate schools and international partner universities
- Budget responsibility for the allocated budget
Duration: A full-time employment for 4 years.
- A gross monthly salary and benefits in accordance with the Collective Labor Agreement for Dutch Universities.
The position seeks candidates with
- PhD degree in the field of social sciences or regional studies
- Have atleast one year of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of the university research landscape in Berlin
- Knowledge of funding for doctoral and postdoctoral researchers
- Excellent English skills
- Strong communication skills, teamwork skills and negotiating skills at an international level
- Intercultural competence
- High resilience
Applications for Full-time Academic Coordinator of BIRT and Research-Oriented Teaching of SCRIPTS Members should include a;
- a curriculum vitae, including a list of their publications;
- a brief cover letter discussing applicants interests about this position;
- a research plan,
- names and contact details of two referees.
Application Deadline: October 04, 2021
For more information on Full-time Academic Coordinator of BIRT and Research-Oriented Teaching of SCRIPTS Members, visit the official site.