Applications are currently open for Future IoT Edge Technology Architect/ Lecturer/ Researcher at Hanze University of Applied Sciences in the Netherlands.
The future IoT edge technology will be characterized by the emergence of increasingly communication between suppliers and their customers or consumers. Creation new ways of responsible and sustainable brandloyality. Meeting new levels of consumer satisfaction, causes a groundbreaking optimation in collaboration patterns between different partners in the valuechain.
In an active collaboration between Hanze University of Applied Sciences and industrial partners, the IoT Architect will conduct applied research in the field of product development, sensors, and commercial appliance. It includes the understanding of consumer needs (end-user), and the needs of partners’ direct customers. Visit customers of the Industrial partners for brainstorming, presenting ideas/concepts, and discussions.
Duration: 1 year, with the option of extension.
The Future IoT Edge Technology Architect/ Lecturer/ Researcher involves the following tasks:
- Explore the product philosophy of partners marketing departments and clients
- Explore the partner’s current product portfolio and production processes in which the smart IoT Technology should be integrated.
- Design technical new features which support and fit into new product functionality.
- Work closely with product manufacturer teams
- Designs smart product technology which can interact between brand and consumer
- Translates corporate brand values into technology-driven enabling features
- Supports client’s marketing needs by creating attractive packaging which supports the communication of brand values
- Cooperates with copywriters, marketing experts, and other designers to ensure that product meets branding requirements and suits target audiences.
- Gains full understanding of the product needs of the company.
- Analyzes consumer tastes, market trends, and product details to conceptualize new packaging features
- Explore 3D printing as a method to fabricate novel sensors to be embedded in new packaging.
- Organize and lead brainstorming sessions
- The salary is at least € 3663,- and a maximum of € 5332,- gross per month for a full-time job.
- Hanze University Groningen has an extensive package of fringe benefits, including a holiday allowance of 8%, a structural end-of-year bonus of 8.3%, and a maximum of 53 vacation days.
Applicants for Future IoT Edge Technology Architect/ Lecturer/ Researcher should meet the following criteria:
- A master’s degree in Materials Science and Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or another related engineering education.
- Expertise in technology to design and create new product features, that appeal to user-friendliness.
- Expertise in creating customer–consumer interactions with amongst others playful Interactions, and innovative product design.
- Work experience in Technical Modelling and additive manufacturing.
- Experience with CAD/CAM and design tools.
- A dynamic, creative, and pioneering professional attitude.
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams.
- A problem-solving ability.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity and strong communication skills.
- Able to communicate and teach in English, and Dutch is an advantage.
Applications for the Future IoT Edge Technology Architect/ Lecturer/ Researcher should include:
- Curriculum vitae, including a list of their publications and the contact information of three references.
- Letter of motivation
To apply, click here.
Application Deadline: October 02, 2022.
For more information on Future IoT Edge Technology Architect/ Lecturer/ Researcher, visit the official site.