Gates Cambridge Trust calls for applications to its fully-funded postgraduate Scholarships for outstanding International and US students to study any course at the University of Cambridge, UK.
Each year Gates Cambridge offers full-cost scholarships to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to Ph.D. students, with approximately 25 awards available in the US round and 55 available in the International round.
The Gates Cambridge mission is to build a global network of future leaders committed to improving the lives of others. It aims to achieve this mission by selecting outstanding scholars, providing them with financial and non-financial support at one of the world’s leading universities, and facilitating community building at and beyond Cambridge.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship covers the full cost of studying at Cambridge. It also provides additional, discretionary funding which includes:
- Academic development funding – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the course length, to attend conferences and courses.
- Family allowance – up to £10,120 for one child and up to £14,440 for two or more children (2021-22 rate).
- Fieldwork – applicant may apply to keep up to his/her normal maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of his/her PhD.
- Maternity/Paternity funding. Canadidate may apply to intermit his/her studies for up to 6 months and continue to receive her/his maintenance allowance during this time.
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties.
Applicants to the Gates scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- Be a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom
- Must be applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study at the University of Cambridge:
- MSc/MLitt, or
- One-year postgraduate course.
The selection criteria are:
- outstanding intellectual ability
- reasons for choice of course
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
- leadership potential
To get detailed information on how to apply for the Gates Cambridge Postgraduate Scholarships in UK for International Students, click here.
Deadline: January 06, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.