The German Bundestag invites applications from young graduates in Africa to apply for its 2022 International Parliamentary Scholarship for Africans (IPS) international Exchange Program for African students.
The German Bundestag is offering an exchange program to well-qualified and highly motivated young people who are open to new ideas, interested in politics, and wish to play an active and responsible role in shaping the democratic future of their country. Nevertheless, the German Bundestag offers around 120 scholarships to young university graduates from 50 countries.
However, the IPS programme will last for a total of five months that involves a number of special events, seminars, and a work placement with a Member of the German Bundestag. promotes relations between Germany and the participating countries consolidating democratic values and tolerance deepening understanding of cultural diversity secure peaceful coexistence in the world.
Duration: 05 months
The German Bundestag IPS Scholarship covers
- monthly payment of 500 euros,
- free accommodation, and
- health, accident and liability insurance,
- transportation to and from Berlin.
To qualify for the German Bundestag IPS Scholarship for Young Africans, the applicants must
- Be citizenship of a participating country (dual nationality is permitted)
- Have University degree
- Be very good knowledge of the German language
- Be under 30 years old at the start of the scholarship
The key selection criteria are:
- language and
- intercultural skills.
Interested applicants should send in their application alongside the following documents
- A Curriculum vitae (4 pages maximum)
- Passport photos
- Application form
- Personal statement of reasons for applying
- Copy of passport or ID card
- Certified copy of University degree certificate
- Letter of recommendation in German or English
To apply, click here.
Deadline: September 30, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.