The Global Development Network (GDN) invites non-profit Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) and Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) from low and lower-middle-income countries to apply for the 2021 Global Development Network Awards Competition.
GDN manages the Global Development Awards Competition, which is sponsored by the World Bank’s Policy and Human Resources Development Fund (PHRD) trust fund and generously supported by Japan’s Ministry of Finance.
There will be two divisions in the Global Development Awards Competition in 2021:
- The Japanese Award for Most Innovative Development Project (2021)
- The Japanese Award for Outstanding Research on Development (2021)
Each winning project from a team will receive a grant worth US$ 45,000 and, in total, the MIDP category will award 9 grants worth US$ 135,000.
The Global Development awards will go to organizations whose initiatives demonstrate a creative approach to a critical development need and show the most promise for:
- directly contributing to the needs of the poorest and most disadvantaged, underserved communities to better their lives, with a focus on achieving accelerated results for improved livelihood;
- promoting policies that contribute to the development of long-term outcomes through the scaling-up of existing programs.
The following documents are required for the 2021 Global Development awards
- Curriculum Vitae of the project team
- Proposal template
- The online application form
- NGO registration.
Deadline: June 9, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.