Google invites applications from African students to the Google Conference and Travel Scholarships in 2021.
In order to foster, support, and deepen their relationship with the next generation of researchers, Goggle would like to support outstanding research students in Africa to have the flexibility to take international travel to present their research work at top-tier tech research conferences.
Google believes that the diversity of attributes, experiences, and perspectives are needed to build tools that can change the world. Everyone deserves an opportunity to pursue connections in the industry, networking with peers, and a career path in technology.
However, to help break down the barriers that prevent underrepresented groups in technology and business from attending leading conferences, Google is excited to offer its Conference and Travel Scholarships for selected conferences in the tech industry and related fields.
This scholarship is to encourage attendance at technical conferences. Support is given to research areas where Google has a strong interest. Therefore, applicants are advised to visit google.com for a list of areas.
Google will provide selected recipients with an award in the range of 1,000 – 3,000 USD that will cover:
- conference registration,
- travel, accommodation, and related expenses.
To be eligible for the travel scholarship to attend an international conference, applicants must:
- Be a student enrolled with a recognized university in Africa who is in need of conference travel funds.
- Studying computer science, computer engineering, or a technical field related to the conference subject.
- Have a paper accepted for presentation (oral or poster) in the main conference program at a top-tier Computer Science conference.
- Be the sole or joint first author of the accepted paper.
To register/login to the Google travel scholarship grants, click here
Deadline: August 1, 2021
For more information visit the official site.