Applications are welcome for the 2021 Google PhD Research Internship program.
At Google, research-focused engineering interns are embedded throughout the company, contributing to the setup of large-scale tests and deploying promising ideas quickly and broadly. Ideas may come from internal projects as well as from collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world.
From creating experiments and prototyping implementations to designing new architectures, research-focused engineering interns work on real-world problems including artificial intelligence, data mining, natural language processing, hardware and software performance analysis, improving compilers for mobile platforms, as well as core search, and much more.
Participation in the internship program requires that applicants are located in one of the specific country locations identified for this role for the duration of the internship program. Google will discuss and agree with applicants what country this will be during the recruitment process.
By applying to this position, applicants application is automatically submitted to the following locations: Cairo, Cairo Governorate, Egypt; Dubai – United Arab Emirates; Accra, Ghana; Nairobi, Kenya; Lagos, Nigeria; Moscow, Russia; İstanbul, Turkey; Kyiv, Ukraine.
Duration: 6 months
Duties and Responsibilities
Successful candidates will Participate in cutting edge research to develop solutions for real-world, large-scale problems.
Applicants to the internship programme must at the time of application meet one of the following requirements:
- Currently enrolled in a PhD degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Research experience in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, and/or Machine Learning from previous internships, work, personal projects, and/or lab work.
- Experience with one or more general-purpose programming languages: Java, C++, Python or Go.
- Available to work full-time for a minimum of 13 weeks.
To apply for the Google internship program, the following procedures need to be applied
- Attach an updated CV or resume To the “Resume Section”.
- Attach a current or recent unofficial or official transcript in English in the “Education Section”.
- Under “Degree Status,” select “Now attending” to upload a transcript.
To apply, click here
Deadline: December 23, 2020
For more information, visit the official site.