Apply now to elevate your research with unrestricted gifts from Google’s Research Scholar Program for early-career professors worldwide.
The Research Scholar Program aims to support early-career professors who are pursuing research in fields relevant to Google. The Program provides unrestricted gifts to support research at institutions around the world and is focused on funding world-class research conducted by early-career professors.
They encourage submissions from professors globally who are teaching at universities and meet the eligibility requirements. It is hoped that this program will help develop collaborations with new professors and encourage the formation of long-term relationships.
Awards are disbursed as unrestricted gifts to the university and are not intended for overhead or indirect costs. They are intended for use during the academic year in which the award is provided to support the professor’s research efforts.
Interested applicants for the Google’s Research Scholar Program are to categorize their proposals into one of the following areas of interest to Google in computer science and related fields:
- Algorithms and optimization
- Machine learning and data mining
- Natural language processing
- Fundamental and applied science
- Human-computer interaction
- Systems and Networking Systems
- Software engineering and programming languages
The funds granted will be up to $60,000 USD and are intended to support the advancement of the professor’s research
To be eligible for the Google’s Research Scholar Program:
- Applicants must be a full-time assistant, associate, or professor at a university or degree-granting research institution at the time of the application submission.
- Post-doctoral staff can only serve as a co-PI, not a primary PI.
- Applicants must have received their PhD within seven years of submission (e.g., applicants in 2023 must have received their PhD in 2016 or later).
- Applicants who have been teaching for seven years or fewer and have had delays, such as working in industry, taking parental leave, taking leave of absence, etc., are given exceptions.
- Applicants can submit one application per round.
- Applicants can apply a maximum of three times within 7 years post-PhD.
To apply for Google’s Research Scholar Program to Support World-Class Research, click here.
Deadline: November 30, 2023.
For more information, visit the official site.
For more information on Google’s Research Scholar Program to Support World-Class Research, visit the official site