The United Nations University (UNU) calls for application for the position of a grants officer in Bonn Germany.
The United Nations University (UNU) is an international community of scholars, engaged in research, postgraduate teaching and capacity development, and the dissemination of knowledge in furthering the purposes and principles of the Charter of the United Nations.
However, the mission of UNU is to contribute, through research and capacity building, to efforts to resolve the pressing global problems that are the concern of the United Nations and its Member States.
Location: Bonn, Germany.
Duration: 1-year with the possibility of renewal on a rolling fixed-term appointment basis.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Under the authority and supervision of the Vice-Rector in Europe, and in close cooperation with the Academic Officers and the Finance and Administrative Officer, the responsibilities of the successful candidate will be, but are not limited to:
- mapping grants and funding opportunities in the European grant landscape, particularly research funding opportunities in Germany
- supporting the Vice-Rector in Europe with donor relations and identifying international donors to diversify funding sources
- disseminating information on funding opportunities and funding streams internally within UNU-EHS as well as to other UNU institutes, where relevant
- providing technical and administrative assistance to the respective research teams in the development of corresponding proposals
- supporting project consortium development and compiling grant proposals, in cooperation with the respective research teams
- liaising with internal and external relevant stakeholders to ensure the delivery of high-quality funding submissions
- monitoring outstanding grant proposals, following-up with funding agencies as necessary
- preparing grant award requests, drafting grant agreements and subsequent amendments, using the approved templates and ensuring that all agreements and amendments are in line with UNU’s legal and financial rules and regulations, liaising with UNU’s Senior Legal Officer as necessary
- ensuring compliance with, and internal dissemination of, donor agency programmatic policies, guidelines, rules, and regulations during the project implementation phase
- maintaining a database/archive of all grant-related information, including potential donors and donor requirements, as well as resource materials
- other projects/duties as assigned by the Vice-Rector in Europe.
The United Nations University (UNU) offers a competitive net salary (tax-exempted) at P-2 level commensurate to the level of experience and allowances including post adjustment. The post includes
- participation in the United Nations Joint Staff Pension Fund,
- participation in a health insurance program,
- education grant,
- removal expenses and home leave.
Required qualifications and experience include:
- a master’s degree or equivalent in administration, development studies, economics, project management, geography, environmental science, or other related fields to the post and working area of UNU Bonn; a PhD would be an asset
- at least four (4) years of progressively relevant work experience at national and international levels in grant procurement, grant administration, and project management
- proven experience with grant procurement and management procedures, including writing grant proposals and reports to both government, non-governmental and private funding sources
- experience researching and identifying funding sources and requirements, as well as interpreting requests for proposals and funding guidelines
- prior experience in managing and coordinating multi-stakeholder projects is essential
- experience developing budgets
- strong ability to establish priorities and work to tight timelines within a fast-paced environment
- ability to manage a complex and varied workload and work under pressure
- professionalism, with the ability to work under minimal supervision with a high level of resilience
- ability to communicate clearly and efficiently with high-level stakeholders
- excellent organization skills
- good knowledge of Microsoft tools, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- excellent command of English and German, both oral and written: knowledge of another official UN language would be an asset.
Interested applicants should submit their application online through Impactpool and upload the following documents:
- a cover letter setting out how their qualifications and experience match the requirements of the position
- a curriculum vitae
- full contact information of three references
The application must also indicate the reference number of the vacancy announcement.
Application Deadline: November 20, 2020
For more information and application, visit the official site.