The German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) invites young promising scientists with novel ideas and a deep commitment to environmental sustainability to apply for its Fully-funded Green Talents German Award for International Graduate Students 2021.
The prestigious Green Talents – International Forum for High Potentials in Sustainable Development is held each year by the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF) to facilitate the international exchange of creative green ideas in the field of sustainability. Every year, the prize, which is sponsored by Minister Anja Karliczek, recognizes young researchers from a variety of countries and scientific disciplines for their accomplishments and efforts to make their cultures, countries, and societies more sustainable. The award winners are chosen by a jury of German experts and given exclusive access to the country’s research elite.
During this program, applicants will share their creative ideas with German research institutions and foreign researchers and lay the groundwork for long-term collaborations.
- Invitation to a multi-day Virtual Science Forum in October 2021:
- “Science Sessions” with leading German sustainability facilities, institutions, and companies, which will virtually provide exclusive insights into their leading-edge research and projects,
- Virtual appointments with German experts of your choice to discuss possibilities for upcoming joint research and cooperation efforts,
- A wide range of workshops dedicated to the SDGs and advancing your scientific career,
- Networking opportunities with other Green Talents, participating Green Talents alumni and researchers,
- Formal Virtual Award Ceremony with fellow Green Talents and special guests
- A fully funded on-site research stay at an applicants choice of institution in Germany
- Exclusive access to the distinguished Green Talents alumni network.
The following requirements are compulsory:
- All applicants must be enrolled in a master’s or Ph.D. program or a degree (master’s/PhD) completed no more than three years before the end of the application process
- Their research focus must be on sustainable development and an interdisciplinary approach in any field of sustainability research
- He/she must have not less than two years of professional work experience (this excludes professional work experiences gained within the scope of an academic degree)
- Excellent command of English Language
- Significantly above-average grades
- Applicants must not be a German citizen nor a resident of Germany
The following are required from applicants to apply for the Green Talents German competition 2021.
- A list of books/chapters/articles you (co-)authored.
- Full academic transcripts
- A Letter of recommendation
- An English language certificate to indicate the level of applicant English proficiency
To apply, click here.
Deadline: May 3, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.