Applications are welcome from interested students to the 2021/22 fully funded Chinese Government master or Ph.D. Scholarship Program at Harbin Institute of Technology (HIT).
Founded in 1920, Harbin Institute of Technology has developed into an open, multidisciplinary, research-oriented, leading national university with science and engineering as its core, encompassing management, liberal arts, economy, and law as a whole.
HIT is a founding member of the C9 League and an official alliance initiated by the Chinese government with nine top universities in Mainland China. In the US News ranking for the Best Global Universities for Engineering, HIT ranked No.2 in China and No.6 globally.
For international students out of China, only those who want to study for a master’s or Ph.D. degree can apply for the HIT Independent Recruitment Program.
Duration: duration varies according to program
The scholarship cover:
- Exempt from registration fee, tuition fee, and accommodation fee;
- 800 RMB per year for Comprehensive Medical Insurance;
- Monthly stipend is granted to the students at the following rates:
- Master’s degree candidate: 3,000 RMB/month
Doctoral degree candidate: 3,500 RMB/month
To be eligible for the HIT scholarship, candidates
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationality in good health.
- International students out of China or former graduates of Chinese universities.
- Excellent performance in a study
- Applicants should have good ability in scientific research.
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have a bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35;
- Applicants for doctoral degree studies must have a master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
The following materials are to be provided by the applicants truly and correctly
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in duplicate).
- Highest full-time study diploma
- Transcripts signed and sealed from school
- A study or research plan (no less than 800 words in English or Chinese).
- Passport copy (Valid for one year at least)
- Two recommendation letters by professors or associate professors in English or Chinese
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form
- Certificate of No Criminal Record
- Acceptance letter (not a must).
Deadline: December 25, 2020
For more information and application detail, visit the official site.