Applications are currently welcome for the Takemi Research Fellowship Program in International Health 2022/2023.
The Takemi Program in International Health at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health is an interdisciplinary research program that focuses on the problems of mobilizing, allocating, and maintaining limited resources to improve health. To address these issues, the program brings together a small group of mid-career professionals from around the world. Through its activities, the program aims to advance knowledge about international health and to contribute to institutional development and improvement of national policy.
The primary goals of research under the Takemi Program are to investigate how resources are allocated and used for health purposes and to develop methods for making such policy choices more rational and equitable. The Program promotes research on the world’s most urgent health needs, especially in developing countries, and the most effective ways to meet them.
Duration: 12 months
The fellowship covers the following costs:
- Estimated living expenses: $47,484
- International travel (estimate): $ 5,500
- Health Insurance (estimate): $ 9,390
The following are the eligibility criteria for the Harvard Takemi Research Fellowship program
- Applications may come from any relevant discipline or profession (e.g., medicine, law, public health, economics, management, and social sciences).
- Applicants should be mid-career researchers who have completed graduate degrees, published in internationally recognized journals, and demonstrated potential leadership capacity in their home countries.
- applicants to show strong promise and appropriate preparation (including facility in English) to enable them to fully benefit from the experience.
- Additionally, they are expected to have made, or intend to make, a commitment to a career in health for which participation in the Program will be of significant value.
Application for the Harvard Takemi Research Fellowship must contain the following components:
- Curriculum Vitae (PDF Upload)
- Eligibility Questionnaire
- Proof of English Language Proficiency (PDF Upload)
- Statement of Interest (PDF Upload)
- Basic Information
- Education and Professional Experiences
- Research Proposal (PDF Upload)
- Publication List (PDF Upload)
- Document Published in English (PDF Upload)
To apply for the Harvard Takemi Research Fellowship, click here.
Deadline: December 31, 2021.
For more information Harvard Takemi Research Fellowship, visit the official site.