Applications are currently ongoing for the Harvard University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program For Africans 2021/22.
Harvard University is committed to supporting top-quality Postdoctoral Fellows who will contribute to the University’s goal of excellence in teaching and science, as well as others who are involved in advancing innovative ideas and fostering lasting knowledge. Harvard University provides access to intellectual and cultural opportunities that are both exclusive and unparalleled.
The Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program at the Center for African Studies is designed to provide postdoctoral candidates the opportunity to perform independent research, write, and gain expertise in their fields of study that will benefit the African continent, as well as to prepare them for success in their chosen career paths. An applicant must have a Ph.D. (with preference given to those who have completed their Ph.D. within the last five years) and be employed at a university or research institution in Africa.
Fellows will be selected for the Havard University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program based on the following criteria:
- The strength and quality of the research proposal, project uniqueness, clear purpose, and detailed plan for the execution of the proposal.
- Strong Ph.D. achievement and actively conducting research and teaching in one of the listed institutions.
- Ability to succeed in a research-based academic track.
- Demonstration of initiative, social consciousness, leadership, and a sense of responsibility as well as personal motivations and experiences.
- Contribute to and advance new knowledge to the field of study.
- Mentors’ recommendation and commitment to fellows’ advancement in the area of research.
Duration: 18 months
Benefits: monthly stipend
Applicants for the Harvard Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program must:
- Come from one of the eligible countries.
- Be willing to return to their home country after the program.
- Have received a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral-level research degree.
- Identify a Harvard faculty mentor to support research and scholarly work; including a second mentor at their home institution.
- Both mentors are required to submit letters of recommendation during the application process.
- Have English language proficiency.
- Ph.D. holders who currently hold a paid academic appointment, which will be active through the duration of the fellowship period, with any of the following institutions are eligible to apply.
- Applicants who have not yet formally received their degree must present evidence of having completed the academic requirements before commencing the Fellowship.
The following are required from applicants to apply for Harvard University Postdoctoral Research Fellowship Program:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement
- Project plan
- Research proposal
- Work history
- Education history
- Letters of recommendation, and
To apply, click here.
Deadline: May 17, 2021.
For more information and application, visit the official site.