Durham University, UK welcomes applications to its Hatfield Lioness Scholarship for outstanding female students from developing countries.
The aim of the Hatfield Lioness Scholarship is to enable a female student from a developing country where access to tertiary education is limited to benefit from undertaking postgraduate study at the University of Durham. The scholarship has been set up as part of the celebration of 30 years of women students at Hatfield College, University of Durham, and is funded by alumni, friends of the College, and other sources supportive of the scholarship’s aims.
Hatfield College aims to award the Lioness Scholarship to an individual who has the academic and personal qualities to enable them to complete and benefit from a postgraduate course, and who will also act as a positive ambassador for their home country in Durham, and put their enhanced knowledge and skills gained from the master’s program and experience in Durham to good use for the benefit of their society when they return home.
The scholarship will cover:
- Full payment of University tuition fees
- Stipend for living expenses – 4 quarterly payments
- One return economy air ticket from the home country to the UK, and the cost of return travel between the UK airport and Durham City
- Fully funded, self-catered, single room in mixed accommodation at Hatfield College
- ‘Settling in allowance’ on arrival
- Cost of UK visa and the UK Health surcharge.
To be eligible for the Hatfield Lioness scholarship, applicants must
- be female.
- hold a relevant honors degree of sufficient standard to be admitted to her chosen Master’s course; and
- have all other course entry requirements including the relevant English language qualification;
- not hold a Master’s degree; and
- must have applied for and been offered an unconditional place on their chosen master’s program by the end of May 2021;
- not otherwise have the financial means to study for a Master’s degree in the UK.
For detailed information on how to apply, click here.
Deadline: March 31, 2021.
For more information visit the official site.