The Department of Physics and Astronomy at the University of Leicester has a vacancy for a Head of the School of Physics and Astronomy.
The school is seeking an inclusive and inspirational strategic leader who will enable and empower students and staff to realize their ambitions through research-inspired education and world-changing research. The post holder should have a strong and internationally recognized research profile, a clear research vision, and be committed to supporting an exciting learning environment. His or her creativity, underpinned by strong institutional, national, and international collaborations, will deliver impact and outcomes across the school and influence positive change in the world.
Headship at Leicester offers the opportunity to play a transformative role in the future direction of your discipline and the School, College, and University. The role will expand the candidate senior leadership skills. Heads of School within the College of Science and Engineering work collaboratively and a close working relationship with the Executive Director of Space Park Leicester will be key to success. In close collaboration with the Pro-Vice-Chancellor and Head of the College of Science and Engineering, the candidate will foster an atmosphere that encourages colleagues to engage in cutting-edge research, entrepreneurial endeavors, and the provision of a superior student experience.
Duration: 4 years
Competitive, inclusive of an additional responsibility allowance of £10,000 per annum for Tenure
The position of Head of the School of Physics & Astronomy, University of Leicester, seeks applicants who:
- Have proven ability to provide academic leadership in both research and teaching, with an outstanding record of internationally recognised research achievement in a related field.
- Is an accomplished communicator who can lead, inspire and motivate colleagues across the School and, crucially,
- Is capable of leading change and delivering against the strategic priorities of the University.
- Will be expected to engage with Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) activities and promote EDI values.
- Will be committed to providing an inclusive environment for students and staff focused on realising potential and striving for excellence.
- Strives to ensure that everyone feels welcome and valued so that they can thrive and develop in the School environment and their careers.
Applications Head of the School of Physics & Astronomy, University of Leicester should consist of :
- A full academic curriculum vitae detailing relevant qualifications and experience, full employment history, and achievements.
- A cover letter describing briefly how candidates meet the criteria outlined in the person specification, why the appointment is of interest, and what they believe they can bring to the role.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: March 27, 2023.
For more information on the position of Head of the School of Physics & Astronomy, University of Leicester, visit the official site.