Application is currently ongoing for the 2022/2023 Hong Kong International Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) in China.
The Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) aims at attracting the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their Ph.D. programmes in Hong Kong’s universities.
All shortlisted applications will be reviewed by one of the two selection panels of experts in the relevant board areas, depending on their field of study:
- Studies in the sciences, medicine, engineering,
- Academics in the humanities, social sciences, and Business
An initial application is the first step in making an application under the HKPFS. The initial application must be through the Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme Electronic System.
The system will assign a HKPFS Reference Number which an applicant needs to quote in their application for admission to their selected universities. In order to ensure consistency and fairness to all applicants, each applicant can only submit ONE initial application through the Hong Kong Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme Electronic System.
Duration: 3 years
- The HKPFS Fellowship provides each awardee with an annual stipend of HK$322,800 (approximately US$41,400)
- A conference and research-related allowance and,
- A travel allowance of HK$13,500 (approximately US$1,730) per year for a period of up to three years.
To be considered for the Hong Kong International Ph.D. Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS), those who are seeking admission as new full-time Ph.D. students in UGC-funded universities of Hong Kong, irrespective of their country of origin, prior work experience, and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply. Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability/potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
The HKPFS supports the awardees to pursue their Ph.D. studies at the following eight University Grants Committee (UGC)-funded universities in Hong Kong:
– City University of Hong Kong
– Hong Kong Baptist University
– Lingnan University
– The Chinese University of Hong Kong
– The Education University of Hong Kong
– The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
– The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
– The University of Hong Kong
While candidates’ academic excellence is the primary consideration, the HKPFS’ Selection Panels will take into account factors such as research ability and potential, communication and interpersonal skills as well as leadership abilities.
To apply for the HKPFS fellowship, applicants are to refer to their respective universities for information regarding admission and application requirements for Ph.D. studies.
Deadline: December 1, 2021.
For more information and application on the HKPFS, visit the official site.