Applications are welcome for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme for the 2023-24 Academic Year.
The Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS), established in 2009 by the Hong Kong Research Grants Council (RGC), aims to attract the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities.
Duration: 3 Years
The PhD Fellowship provides:
- An annual stipend of HK$325,200 (approximately US$41,690).
- A conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,600 (approximately US$1,740) per year for each awardee for a period up to three years.
- For awardees who need more than three years to complete the PhD degree, additional support may be provided by the chosen universities.
- Candidates seeking admission through Hong Kong PhD Fellowships as new full-time PhD students at the eight universities listed below should be eligible to apply, regardless of their country of origin, prior work experience, or ethnic background.
- Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability / potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
While academic excellence is the primary consideration for candidates, the Selection Panels will also consider the following factors:
- Academic excellence;
- Research potential and ability;
- Communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Leadership abilities
Interested applicants must first of all make an Initial Application online through the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme Electronic System (HKPFSES) to obtain an HKPFS Reference Number by December 2022 before submitting applications for PhD admission to their desired universities.
To apply, click here.
Deadline: December 01, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.