Application is currently ongoing for the IBM Great Minds student internships 2021.
The Great Minds initiative is a competition for internships at one of the IBM Research Labs in Zurich, Nairobi, or Johannesburg for students from central and eastern Europe, the Middle East, and Africa. It provides students with the unique opportunity to work alongside world-class scientists in the leading industrial IT research organization.
The internships will take place in 2021. The exact starting time and duration will be agreed upon with the winning students individually, taking into account their academic commitments and the availability of IBM staff.
IBM Research has been conducting the Great Minds internships for more than a decade. This program also benefits Universities when the Great Minds winners bring back a valuable understanding of real industry problems, knowledge of advanced IBM technologies, and contacts throughout IBM Research.
Duration: 3-6 months
- Successful candidates will be paid a lump sum towards travel expenses as well as compensation that covers adequately the cost of living in Switzerland, Kenya, or South Africa, respectively.
- IBM will also obtain the necessary visa and work permits for the successful candidates.
- The program is open to any full-time student enrolled in a Master’s program with a focus on
- Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Applied Mathematics / Computer Science
- Life Sciences
- Chemistry oder Computational Chemistry
- Biology oder Computational Biology
- Neuromorphic Computing / Networks
at a recognized university in central or eastern Europe, the Middle East, or Africa.
- The students must have a solid command of the English language in both written and spoken form.
- IBM is an equal opportunity employer and therefore encourages applications from both genders as well as minority groups.
Qualified students will be contacted by their faculty members directly. Application documents include
- a CV (with name, address, phone number, email address, and nationality) and
- a short video (approx 3 minutes) where applicants introduce themself and explain which project they are applying for.
Deadline: December 15, 2020
For more information visit the official site.