Applications are currently ongoing for the IBM PhD Fellowship University Award Program for the 2023/24 Academic Year for PhD students worldwide.
The IBM PhD Fellowship Awards Program is an intensely competitive worldwide program, which honors exceptional PhD students who want to make their mark in promising and disruptive technologies. The IBM PhD Fellowship Awards Program is an intensely competitive worldwide program, which honors exceptional PhD students who want to make their mark in promising and disruptive technologies.
Since 1951, the IBM PhD Fellowship Program has collaborated with faculty, students and universities by recognizing and supporting exceptional PhD students that address focused areas of interest in technology.
All nominees for the IBM PhD Fellowship;
- must be nominated by a doctoral faculty member; students cannot nominate themselves.
- must be enrolled full-time in a PhD program over the two consecutive academic years of the award or forfeit the fellowship.
- must have three years remaining in their program at the time of nomination so the fellowship can be applied to the last two years of study.
- from U.S. embargoed countries are not eligible for the program.
- receiving a comparable fellowship, internship, or support from another company or institution (except for academic scholarships) during the IBM PhD Fellowship funding period are ineligible for this award.
- must stay in the same program for the duration of the award —no transferring of departments or schools.
Awardees will be selected based upon
- their potential for research excellence. All awardees will have an IBM mentor for the duration of the award period and are strongly encouraged to intern during the first or second year of their award.
the degree to which the nominees’ research aligns with IBM’s focus areas.
- academic standing, publications, and endorsements from faculty advisors and department heads.
- Nominating faculty must submit thoroughly developed proposals, remain engaged during the vetting and due diligence process, and use the university domain email address for all correspondence.
Documents to be uploaded to the IBM portal for the IBM PhD Fellowship consist of
PhD Nominee information that includes:
- Name, Department, Academic or professional website, phone, university name, country, entry date into the program, expected graduation date, current completed degree, and visa status if applicable.
- Google Scholar publications and citations, latest completed degree, career goal (professional researcher, professor, etc.)
- Student Curriculum Vitae (CV) — limit three pages.
- PhD Project or Dissertation Title.
Deadline: November 05, 2022.
For more information, visit the official site.