The University of Rwanda (UR) through the ICTP East African Institute for Fundamental Research (EAIFR) is offering a two-year Masters’ program in Physics.
ICTP-EAIFR announces a call for applications for an MSc program in physics at the University of Rwanda – College of Science and Technology. The two-year master’s program offers specializations in High Energy Physics, Condensed Matter Physics, and Geophysics.
The quality of the master’s courses will be at the same level as the Postgraduate courses given at the International Centre for Theoretical Physics (ICTP) in Trieste, Italy. In the first year, students take the same basic physics courses designed to bring them to an advanced level in preparation for the second year in which they specialize in one of the three areas mentioned above. Students who successfully complete their programs will obtain MSc degrees from the University of Rwanda.
- The selection of candidates will be based on their university record and on academic recommendations.
- Applicants should have a bachelor’s degree with honours in Physics or Maths, with distinction.
Applications for the ICTP/ EAIFR MSc program in physicsshould include;
- Detailed curriculum vitae.
- A cover letter which should contain the candidate’s motivation to join the programme.
- Copies of academic certificate.
- Copies of academic transcripts.
- Two recommendation letters from academic referees who are knowledgeable about the applicant and their studies.
- Documents that give proof of the student’s ability to follow advanced-level courses.
- Copy of national identity card or passport.
Deadline: September 15, 2021.
For more information on th ICTP/ EAIFR MSc program in physics, visit the official site.